Friday, December 11, 2009

What are you Doing New Years?



The holidays always seem to be really bad or really good depending on the stage you’re at in life; there just isn’t really an in-between. Either everything is going exactly as planned, or you let the few traditions and people who aren’t there ruin the entire season, because you’re thinking of what the holiday is supposed to feel like.

This year I’m already planning for the worst come New Years. In the past my family has spent every single New Years in our mountain house with a whole lot of family friends (25 of us just stowed away drinking champagne, watching the skiers come down the slopes at midnights, and sometimes setting off fireworks in the snow). Don’t get me wrong, it has been wonderful. My family is probably one the coolest families you could ever encounter (from my amazing older sister who should have had Uma Thurman’s role in Kill Bill, to my dad who embodies Atticus in every single way), but this year it may be kind of lonely. My best friend (who I usually take with me every year) and I have had a falling out that seems pretty unfixable, and my brothers (who I’ve finally learned to appreciate) may be leaving early, because their girlfriends don’t necessarily appreciate the tradition this mountain time brings..(or they just want to make fun, exciting traditions of their own..blah, blah, blah). Either way.. the trip promises to be bitter-sweet, like most of my changing traditions.

This song doesn’t need much explanation, but I sure wish that a certain guy in my life would get over himself enough to spend his holiday with me, so we can both be a little less lonely.

1 comment:

  1. this song is a good addition to the blog, and it sounds like it goes along pretty well with your new years emotions!

    ReplyDelete