Saturday, December 5, 2009

Honestly


The song I want to bring up tonight hits home really closely. It’s “Honestly” by the Cary Brothers, and it deals with the same anxieties I seem to be going through every night. I usually don’t post the entire song lyrics, but I think it’s appropriate.. and the songs not that long, so don’t grunt.

“Think I'm goin' home
I think I'm gettin' lost for a while
Tired of getting stoned
And thinkin' about you in the night

So I'll file away all my dreams
Though I still believe in everything

I wished your love away

Honestly over you
Honestly over you
One lie short of true
Honestly over you

Lookin' for some hope
Polished off the whiskey tonight
You turned a man to stone
For lookin' at you straight in the eyes

So I'll drive away with all my things
Though I've a faint belief in everything

I wished your love away
I wished your love away”


Nostalgia is the biggest bitch in the world. Lately my life is like a board game. Two steps forward and three steps back. Pass go to collect two hundred dollars, and then pay it back in taxes.. A never-ending sequence of events. I’ll be able to wish your love away, but then I think about you when the night comes. It’s hard. Life is hard. People promise that everything works itself out in the end, but why can’t we just move on with our lives? Can’t my heart have an on and off switch? Whatever, I guess I’ll continue to file away my hopes and dreams of perfect friendships and romances, and try to be “honestly over you.”

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said. I think a lot of people have trouble moving on, but it's human nature to sometimes dwell on what "could've been" or what we think "should've been." Stay strong! :D

    ReplyDelete